Here are the average ages of the 24 squads in the Championship. Where does your team lie?
- Barnsley- 23.4- The youngest squad on average in the league.
- Brentford- 24.5– The Bees have a lot of young and promising talent.
- Wolves- 25.0– They are top of the table and have some young players like Helder Costa, Ruben Neves, Jota etc.
- Ipswich- 25.0- They have in the past had a high average age but this season is different.
- QPR- 25.1– Their boss Ian Holloway is under pressure at the moment.
- Preston- 25.3– Made a great start under Alex Neil.
- Leeds- 25.3– Have a good blend of youth and experience.
- Fulham- 25.3– Also have a high number of foreign players in their ranks.
- Bristol City- 25.4– Started the season well under Lee Johnson.
- Millwall- 25.5– They were promoted from League One last season.
- Hull- 25.8- Have young talents like Max Clark and Jarrod Bowen who bring the age down.
- Forest- 26.2– Have young players like Ben Osborn as well as experienced like Danny Fox.
- Sunderland- 26.3- Made a number of new signings in the summer.
- Sheffield United- 26.7- Made a great start to life back in the Championship.
- Norwich- 26.8- Have young players like James Maddison as well as older ones like Wes Hoolahan.
- Reading- 27.0- Jaap Stam’s side have made a slow start to this season.
- Birmingham- 27.0- New boss Steve Cotterill will no doubt bring some new players through he door in January.
- Middlesbrough- 27.3– Have an experienced squad who should gain promotion this season.
- Burton- 27.8– Have bags of experience who will help them try and stay up.
- Aston Villa- 27.9- The likes of Glenn Whelan, Chris Samba and John Terry bring the age up.
- Sheffield Wednesday- 28.0– Their boss Carlos Carvahal is under real pressure.
- Bolton- 28.0- Got their first win of the season on Saturday.
- Derby- 28.2- Have an ageing but a very impressive squad.
- Cardiff- 28.2– The oldest squad in the Championship but one of the best so far this season.