Leeds United have rejected two bids for defender Guiseppe Bellusci, according to Steve Evans. (Via Phil Hay.)
Speaking in his press conference on Thursday morning, Evans confirmed that he wanted to keep the 26 year old Italian defender.
He also said that the club have received and rejected two offers from “overseas clubs” for the centre back.
Evans says Leeds have received – and rejected – two offers from "overseas clubs" for Giuseppe Bellusci. Says he wants to keep Bellusci.
— Phil Hay (@PhilHayYEP) January 7, 2016
Hellas Verona were linked with Bellusci earlier this week, amid reports that owner Massimo Cellino was looking for between £4m and £5m for the defender.
However, Leeds have now rejected two offers which indicates a desire to keep hold of the centre back, which Steve Evans confirmed.
It was not confirmed which clubs the bids came from or how much they were offering for the defenders services.
Bellusci has been a controversial figure in his time in West Yorkshire, tweeting criticism of fans and missing a training session of his own accord.
However, he is still seen as important by boss Steve Evans, who hopes that he will be able to keep hold of the defender.
Leeds are chasing a play off spot under their new head coach and have gone seven games without defeat.
The run has left them in 13th place in the second tier, nine points off Ipswich in sixth.