Brentford have agreed a £2.8 million fee with Fiorentina for midfielder Christian Norgaard, according to Sky Sports. Here are five things for Bees fans to know about him-
1. Represented Denmark at all youth levels- The Copenhagen-born midfielder has played for his country at U16, U17, U19, U20 and U21 levels and is hoping to gain a cap for the senior side in the near future.
2. Started career at Lyngby- Norgaard joined the Vikings as a youngster in 2008 and made his first-team debut for them at the age of 17 in November 2011.
3. Had a spell at Hamburg- The German side snapped him up from Lyngby in January 2012 for around €400,000. He became a key player for their reserve team but never made a senior appearance for their senior side in the Bundesliga.
4. Played under the new Brentford boss Thomas Frank at Brøndby- Norgaard moved back to Denmark to join Brøndby in €360,000 and played under Frank for a bit. He became a key player for the Superliga side and made 145 appearances for them in five years. The 25-year-old helped Brøndby win the Danish Cup last year and also played for them in the Europa League.
5. Fiorentina move hasn’t worked out- The Italian Serie A side paid around €3.5 million to land Norgaard last July on a contract until 2022. However, he is now set to leave and reunite with Frank at Brentford after making just seven appearances for them in all competitions this past season.