Derby County are being linked with a move for Chelsea’s Lucas Piazon, according to Derbyshire Live. Here are five things to know about him-
1. Started career in Brazil- The 24-year-old started out in his native Brazil with spells as a youngster with the likes of Coritiba, Atlético Paranaense and São Paulo. He was then snapped up by Chelsea in 2011 and made the move to England.
2. Represented Brazil at youth levels- Piazon, who was born in São Paulo, has represented his country at U15, U17, U20 and U23 level so far in his career.
3. Has played for Chelsea’s first-team- The tricky midfielder has played for Chelsea’s first-team on three occasions. He made his senior debut for the London side in a 2012 League Cup game against Wolves, as well as other appearances in a Premier League fixture against Aston Villa and another cup game versus Manchester United.
4. Gained experience- His game time at Chelsea has been scarce but Piazon has obtained plenty of first-team experience out on loan. He has spent time all over Europe with a stint in Spain with Malaga, Holland with Vitesse and Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt.
5. Knows the Championship- Piazon has spent the past three seasons in the second tier. He was with Reading for the 2015/16 season before spending the past two campaigns with Fulham. He was part of the Cottagers side who won promotion to the Premier League in May under Slavisa Jokanovic.
With Derby County’s links to Chelsea through Frank Lampard, could Piazon be on his way to Pride Park in January?