Luhukay, Jos Luhukay responds to claims Sheffield Wednesday are under transfer embargo

Jos Luhukay responds to claims Sheffield Wednesday are under transfer embargo

Sheffield Wednesday head coach Jos Luhukay has told the Sheffield Star that he doesn’t know if they are under a transfer embargo.

Ever since Wednesday were taken over by Thai businessman Dejphon Chansiri they have become known for how much money they spent. In an attempt to get promoted to the Premier League, they spent big on players such as Jordan Rhodes, Fernando Forestieri and Gary Hooper. But spending big didn’t work out for the Owls as they lost out in the Sky Bet Championship play-offs twice before falling to a mid-table position last season.

This summer though, Wednesday have not signed a single player whether on a permanent deal or on a loan. This has led to claims that the club have been placed under a transfer embargo as the EFL investigate their finances. Following their 3-1 loss to Spanish Villarreal, Luhukay was asked about this and responded that he didn’t know if the club had been placed under an embargo.

when asked, he said: “I don’t know.”

“For me, it is important that I have trust in my team and players. We have now worked five weeks together. I trust my team and players so I’m not unhappy.”

“I can’t say anything about that. It is not my position to answer these questions.”

“This is the first time, after 22 years as a manager, that I work with the same team from the start of pre-season to the new season but it is how it is.”

“I must respect the situation.”

“I try to have patience, and I have trust in the way I work with my team every day. That gives me the motivation to work very intensively with them. Hopefully, we can find a good start to the season and have success with each other.”

Previous Article
Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn Rovers set to miss out on German centre-back

Next Article
Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn Rovers youngster set for first team opportunity

Related Posts