Middlesbrough striker Patrick Bamford is set for a medical at Leeds United today over a proposed move. Here are five things to know about him-
1. Started career at Nottingham Forest- Bamford joined Forest’s academy at the age of 8 and rose through the youth ranks at the City Ground. He went onto play twice for Reds’ first-team before he was snapped up by Chelsea for £1.5 million in January 2012.
2. Had various loan spells- The 24-year-old never made a senior appearance for Chelsea but did gain plenty of first-team experience during loan spells away from Stamford Bridge. Bamford impressed on loan at MK Dons in 2012 and scored 21 goals for them in League One. He then bagged 8 goals for Derby County in the 2013/14 season before joining Middlesbrough for the season after and managed 19 for them.
3. Has Premier League experience- Bamford’s impressive form in the Championship earned him a loan move to Crystal Palace in the Premier League in the summer of 2015. However, he failed to score for them in 9 games and spent the remainder of the season at Norwich City, where he didn’t score in 7 games. Burnley then signed him on loan for the 2016/17 season but he again failed to score during his time at Turf Moor.
4. Re-joined Middlesbrough- Boro re-signed Bamford from Chelsea on a permanent deal for a fee in the region of £5.5 million in January 2017. This cut short his loan spell at Burnley. However, he could not prevent them from being relegated to the Championship.
5. Scored 12 goals last season- Bamford chipped in with 12 goals for Middlesbrough last season, with 10 of them coming in the league. He is now set for another chapter in his career with fellow second tier side Leeds United.