There are lots of Sheffield Wednesday fans wanting manager Carlos Carvahal out after a slow start to the season. The Owls are 12th with four wins from twelve games. Here are managers that could replace him-
- Aitor Karanka– The Spaniard was linked with the Birmingham City job when Harry Redknapp was sacked. He has been out of work since leaving Middlesbrough last season. He guided Boro to promotion to the Premier League in 2015/16 and would be a good fit for Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paul Lambert– The Scottish manager had a very successful spell at Norwich City where he earned back-to-back promotions with the Canaries from League One to the Premier League. His spell with Aston Villa was not so great but recent stints with Blackburn and Wolves have added to his Championship experience.
- Alan Pardew– The former Charlton, Newcastle and Crystal Palace manager is still out of a job and might fancy the Owls job.
- Paulo Sousa- If Wednesday were going to go down the foreign manager route again then Sousa would be a good fit. He left Fiorentina in the summer. He has previously managed QPR, Swansea, Leicester, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Basel and Fiorentina.
- David Moyes– Maybe a shock choice, but the Scotsman name has been mentioned. There is no denying that he was brilliant with Preston and Everton. His last few jobs with Manchester United, Real Seceded and Sunderland have given him a bad name but he deserves another chance somewhere.
- Darrell Clarke- The 39 year-old has done a great job at Bristol Rovers, guiding them from the Conference to League One and could be a considered.
- Sam Allardyce- Some Wednesday fans are saying they want Big Sam to replace Carvahal. Could they tempt him back to management?