Maddison has been the subject of transfer speculation prior to the January window and has been touted as a possible signing by a host of Championship clubs.
Charlton have now been given permission to speak with Maddison to discuss terms regarding a move although no other club has been allowed to do so.
The 26-year-old has scored ten goals in 26 appearances this season helping guide Peterborough to ninth in League One and just one point outside the play-off places.
MacAnthony says two other Championship clubs have made multiple bids for Maddison but “do not currently have permission to speak to the player.”
Charlton have been struggling with injuries to their entire squad and in particular their forward line with Lyle Taylor, Jonathan Leko and Chuks Aneke all missing through injury with Leko having been ruled out for the season.
MacAnthony met with Charlton officials last week which led to speculation about an impending transfer between the clubs.
Maddison will now have discussions over personal terms and should all be agreed, it looks likely he will be making the move to the Valley which could prove to be a huge blow to Posh’s hopes of gaining promotion to the Championship this season.
Charlton were involved in a 2-2 draw with league leaders West Bromwich Albion on Saturday afternoon and news of the possible capture of Maddison will be a big boost to their hopes of staying in the division.
Speaking to the Derby Telegraph, Derby County manager Philip Cocu has confirmed that the Rams have been dealt an injury…
Speaking to Jim White on talkSPORT earlier today, former-Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur defender Alan Hutton revealed he was close…
Speaking to the club's official website, Stoke City midfielder Tashan Oakley-Boothe has said he has felt welcomed since his arrival…