Bolton Wanderers will play in this Sunday’s match against Nottingham Forest according to a statement from the EFL.

Last week, Bolton’s players threatened not to play their match against Brentford until they were paid. This threat was carried through as that match had to be canceled. There were some reports that they might have been able to get the game organised for Wednesday but that ended up not being true and that match may take place later on next week.

IN OTHER NEWS:  Norwich City, Sheffield United and Aston Villa target Burnley defender

There was some doubt that the ‘final’ match of the season against Nottingham Forest would also take place because of this. But a statement from the EFL today has said that the game will be taking place. Bolton has informed the EFL that their first-team squad will be available to play in that match and the game will go ahead. This will be reassuring to fans who have already paid for tickets and travel to watch the match. It also means the youth team won’t be called up en mass like some rumours suggested.

IN OTHER NEWS:  Millwall's bid for Queens Park Rangers striker rejected - but talks continue

The statement said: “Bolton Wanderers has confirmed to the EFL that its first-team squad will be available for the Club’s away fixture against Nottingham Forest at the weekend.”

“As a result, the game will take place as originally scheduled on Sunday 5 May, kick-off 12.30pm, along with all other Sky Bet Championship fixtures.”

“The EFL Board will determine on Thursday 2 May as to what arrangements are to be put in place in regards to last week’s suspended fixture with Brentford and details will be confirmed in due course.”

IN OTHER NEWS:  Stoke City plot £2 million move for Luton Town defender

Should anyone from Bolton Wanderers and Nottingham Forest be in the Top 50 Players and Top 20 Managers Countdown? Vote below!

 


About Author