Hull City were beaten 2-0 by Derby County at Pride Park yesterday. Here are five things we learned from the game-
1. Kamil Grosicki’s early miss was a big one- If the Poland international had slotted him his early chance in the opening stages it could have been a completely different game.
2. Poor defending for both Derby goals- Nigel Adkins said he was disappointed with his side’s defending for both of Martyn Waghorn’s goals for the Rams. Jordy de Wijs and Reece Burke’s return from injury can’t come soon enough.
3. Lost last two away games- City have been comfortably beaten in their two away trips to Blackburn (3-0) and now Derby (2-0). Their impressive run of form is starting to halt a bit but as long as you win your home games you’ll always have a chance.
4. Play-Offs still in sight- The Tigers have dropped to 8th and are now seven points off the top six. There are just six points separating 8th from 14th which shows just how tight it is in this league.
5. Chance to bounce back against Rotherham on Tuesday- It is an important game for both teams and a completely different task for Hull compared to the Derby one. The Millers will sit back and Adkins’ men need to be on top form to get back to winning ways. Hull then have next Saturday off before a tricky trip to Brentford the following week.