Leeds United are keeping tabs on Besiktas winger Jeremain Lens, as reported by The72 yesterday. Here are five things to know about him-
- Lens only joined Beşiktaş only a permanent basis on 7th June but could be set to leave them in the upcoming January transfer window already. He spent last season on loan with the Turkish giants from Sunderland and played 32 games for them in all competitions, scoring four goals
2. He has played 18 games in all competitions this season, scoring five goals. Lens has been particularly impressive in the Europa League having bagged five in nine. Leeds United scouts were apparently present in their recent clash against Sarpsborg.
3. Lens moved to England in 2015 to join Sunderland and spent a season in the Premier League before he was loaned out to Fenerbahçe for the 2016/17 campaign. Lens was then shipped out on loan last season to Beşiktaş following Sunderland’s relegation to the Championship in 2017.
4. It was Sam Allardyce who lured him to the Stadium of Light. He played 22 times for the Black Cats in his only full season at the club and chipped in with four goals, including one against Chelsea. Prior to his move to the North-East, Lens had spells at AZ Alkmaar, NEC Nijmegen, PSV and Dynamo Kyiv.
5. Lens is a Holland international and has made 34 caps so far in his career. He was part of their squad for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. He had previously represented his country at U19, U20 and U21 level as a youngster.