Championship duo Sheffield United and Blackburn Rovers are both keen on Livingston defender Craig Halkett, as reported by The72 earlier today.
Here are five things to know about him-
1. Started career at Rangers- The 23 year-old is a boyhood Rangers fan and joined the Glasgow side as a youngster in 2007. He rose through the youth ranks at Ibrox but never made a senior appearance for them. Halkett is now back on the radar of his former club with Steven Gerrard believed to be impressed with him so far this season.
2. Gained experience during loan spells- Halkett spent time out on loan at Cylde and Berwick Rangers in his early career and got a taste of senior football in the Scottish lower leagues.
3. Released by Rangers- He was released by former Brentford and Nottingham Forest boss, Mark Warburton, when he was in charge of Rangers in January 2016. As a result, Halkett was snapped up by Livingston and the move has certainly paid off for the defender.
4. Key player for the Lions- Livingston suffered relegation to the Scottish League One in Halkett’s first season at the club. Nevertheless, he was a key player in their back-to-back promotion from the third tier to the Scottish Premier League over the past two seasons.
5. Adapted well to life in the Scottish top flight- Livingston have burst onto the scene in the Scottish Premier League this season and lie 5th in the table at the moment despite being tipped to struggle. A key reason behind their early success is the solid performances from Halkett.