Here is the top five highest rated League One defenders on FIFA 19 –
5. Dani Pinillos, Barnsley (69) – The Spanish left-back signed for Barnsley in January 2018, signing a two-and-a-half year deal with Barnsley from Spanish Segunda Liga side, Cordoba. Pinillos’s cultured left foot, his composure in possession and wholehearted attitude have seen him feature regularly for the club.
4. Luke Garbutt, Oxford United (69) – The left-back joined Oxford United on a season-long loan from Premiership side Everton in July 2018. He has made five Premier League appearances for Everton, supplemented by cup and Europa League appearances. He also enjoyed lengthy loan spells with Cheltenham Town, Colchester United and Fulham, as well as a shorter spell with Wigan. He has impressively been capped by England at every level from U16 to U21.
3. Patrick Bauer, Charlton (70) – The defender began his career at Stuttgart and has been part of his native German side at U17, U18 and U20 levels. Last season, he played 37 times, finding the net on three occasions, including the only goal in the opening-day victory over Bristol Rovers and a vital header in the 2-0 win away at Rotherham United.
2. Jason Pearce, Charlton (71) – The commanding defender has had spells with AFC Bournemouth, gaining promotion from League Two, Portsmouth, Leeds United and title-winning Wigan in 2016, making over 450 senior appearances in his career. Pearce’s leadership qualities have shown once again, with Pearce being named club captain for the season, following Johnnie Jackson’s retirement.
1. Bryan Oviedo, Sunderland (72) – Last season, Oviedo made 35 first team appearances this season in a personally pleasing campaign. The 27-year-old famously scored the goal which ended Everton’s 21-year wait for a win at Old Trafford in December 2013. A versatile left-sided player, Oviedo can operate both in defence and midfield.