With 2/3 of the Sky Bet Championship campaign behind them, all 24 sides are now entering the ‘business end’ of their 2017/18 campaign.
It is now that fans will be casting nervous glances and worried thoughts as to where their side will finish come early May. Will it be mid-table mediocrity that beckons, or will it be a slide into the relegation places and a drop into League One?
Will ‘on the fringes’ of the play-off picture lead to a climb in to the play-offs or will it be heartache and missing out? Will it be promotion through the play-off eliminations or is it a case of ‘Premier League here we come’ and going up as one of the top two?
For ALL 24 Sky Bet Championship sides there is a lot to play for, but each passing game from now until May will be a further indication for some as to where they’ll end up.
Now talkSPORT have put the numbers and data into their ‘super computer, and here are the finishing positions that fans will be looking at come early May and the end of game day 46.
Sky Bet Championship – Final League Positions
- 1st (champions): Wolverhampton Wanderers – currently 1st with 71 points
- 2nd (promoted): Aston Villa – currently 2nd with 59 points
- 3rd (Play-Offs): Cardiff City – currently 4th with 58 points
- 4th (Play-Offs): Fulham – currently 5th with 52 points
- 5th (Play-Offs): Derby County – currently 3rd with 58 points
- 6th (Play-Offs): Sheffield United – currently 8th with 49 points
- 7th: Bristol City – currently 6th with 52 points
- 8th: Middlesbrough – currently 9th with 48 points
- 9th: Preston North End – currently 7th with 49 points
- 10th: Brentford – currently 10th with 44 points
- 11th: Norwich City – currently 13th with 44 points
- 12th: Leeds United – currently 11th with 44 points
- 13th: Ipswich Town – currently 12th with 44 points
- 14th: Millwall – currently 14th with 39 points
- 15th: Sheffield Wednesday – currently 15th with 37 points
- 16th: Queens Park Rangers – current position 16th with 36 points
- 17th: Nottingham Forest – current position 17th with 35 points
- 18th: Reading – current position 18th with 32 points
- 19th: Bolton Wanderers – current position 19th with 30 points
- 20th: Birmingham City – current position 20th with 30 points
- 21st: Hull City – current position 21st with 29 points
- 22nd (relegated): Barnsley – current position 22nd with 28 points
- 23rd (relegated): Burton Albion – current position 24th with 25 points
- 24th (relegated): Sunderland – current position 23rd with 26 points