League One is home to some big clubs and some talented players. There are some real hidden gems, here are 5 League One players who should be playing in the Championship-
- Billy Bodin, Bristol Rovers- The 25 year-old winger has scored 8 goals so far this season for the Pirates. He also bagged 13 last season and was the subject of interest from various Championship clubs over the summer, including Cardiff City. It will not be a surprise if he makes the step up in January.
- Josh Morris, Scunthorpe United- The left midfielder has been in prolific form for the Iron over the past two seasons. He scored 20 goals in all competitions last season and has got 4 so far this season. The former Blackburn Rovers man has a wand of a left-foot.
- Charlie Wyke, Bradford City- The 25 year-old striker is a real handful for League One defences. He signed for Bradford last January after being prolific for Carlisle in League Two and he carried on his goal scoring form in League One. This begs the question can he do it in the Championship?
- Charlie Mulgrew, Blackburn Rovers- Despite being linked with a move away in the summer, Mulgrew remains with Rovers and he has scored 8 goals from central defence this season. The experienced Scotland international should be playing at a higher level.
- Nick Powell, Wigan Athletic- He has had his injury problems but Powell is way too talented to be playing in the third division. The former Crewe and Manchester United man, on his day and when fit, can be a quality Championship player at least.