Nigel Adkins is back managing in the Championship after being announced as the new manager of Hull City having previously been at Scunthorpe United, Southampton, Reading and Sheffield United, here are 5 players he may look at bringing to Hull-
1. Maya Yoshida- Adkins brought the Japanese centre-back to England in 2012 when he signed him for Southampton from Eredivise side VVV. Yoshida has played over 100 games since joining the Saints in the Premier League but has not been a regular starter in recent seasons, could Adkins swoop again?
2. Danny Fox- He was part of the Southampton squad that Adkins took from League One to the Premier League. The 31 year-old, who can play at either centre-back or left-back, currently plays for Nottingham Forest. Hull have been leaky in defence this season so Adkins could look to a familiar face to strengthen their backline.
3. Gareth McCleary- Adkins managed the Reading winger during his stint with the Royals. The 30 year-old is an experienced Championship player and one that Adkins could look to sign to give him more options in attack for the Tigers.
4. Gary Hooper- Perhaps this would be too ambitious for the Tigers at this moment of time, but Adkins knows Hooper very well from their time at Scunthorpe United together. It was Hooper’s form with the Iron which earned him a move to Celtic.
5. Chris Gunter- Hull were linked with a move for Gunter during the summer of 2016 when they were preparing for a Premier League season. Adkins managed him at Reading and could potentially look at re-uniting with him in East Yorkshire.