There was not much surprise to the news that League One side Bury have sacked Lee Clark. They are 23rd in the league with 3 wins from 16. Here are 5 candidates for the job-
- Ryan Lowe- The 39 year-old has been placed in temporary charge of the club. He has made nearly 200 games for Bury and is a popular man around Gigg Lane. If he does well as caretaker manager he could be given the job.
- Nigel Adkins- The former Scunthorpe United, Southampton, Reading and Sheffield United manager is still looking for a job. He is in contention for the Bury job and would be a great appointment. He worked wonders at Southampton getting them from League One to the Premier League.
- Alan Stubbs- The 46 year-old is available and did really well at Hibernian in his two seasons in Scotland. His spell with Rotherham United last season in the Championship did not work out but he deserves another chance somewhere.
- Chris Powell- The former Charlton Athletic and Huddersfield manager has been looking for a job since leaving Derby’s coaching staff last season. He would be a solid appointment for any League One side and should be considered by Bury.
- Graham Westley- The 49 year-old always seems to be linked with jobs and his name will be linked to this one. He is an experienced manager who has managed the likes of Stevenage, Preston North End, Newport County and Peterborough United.
Personally I would go for Nigel Adkins to replace Lee Clark. He deserves another chance and he would definitely keep Bury up.