It looks increasingly likely that Thomas Christiansen will be in the market for a left-back in January. They still have not really replaced Charlie Taylor, who moved to Burnley in the summer. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson has struggled to get into the team.
Here are 5 left-backs that Christiansen should look at-
- Scott Malone- He moved to Huddersfield in the summer from Fulham but has struggled to get into the Terriers first team in the Premier League. He was one of the best left-backs in the Championship last season with Fulham and may be available for loan.
- Joe Bryan– The Bristol City left-back is arguably one of the best in the division. The 24 year-old has played over 150 games for the Robins and won’t come cheap.
- Rico Henry– Another promising left-back, Henry joined Brentford from League One side Walsall in 2016. He is a very promising player and signing him would be a huge statement of intent by Leeds.
- Greg Cunningham- The Preston defender quietly goes about his business. The 26 year-old, formerly of Manchester City, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest and Bristol City, is one of the most underrated full-backs in the Championship.
- Amari’i Bell– He played a key part in the Fleetwood side who reached the League One Play-Offs last season. He was linked with various Championship sides in the summer but stayed with Fleetwood. He would be a great signing for Leeds, not only because he is a solid defender, but also he is a real threat going forward too.