League One is becoming an increasingly more competitive division every year as teams battle it out to get promotion to the Championship. Here are the top 10 average home attendances this season, via transfermarkt-
10. Rotherham, 7,882- The Rotherham faithful have continued to back their side despite relegation from the Championship last season.
9. Doncaster, 8,034- Darren Ferguson’s side were promoted from League Two last season and their fans are with them once again this season.
8. Bristol Rovers- 8,601- The Pirates did well in League One last season and Darrell Clarke’s men always perform at home.
7. Wigan Athletic, 8,644- The Latics are still 7th on the countdown despite only having an average of 8,644 in a 25,000 seater stadium.
6. Plymouth Argyle, 9,054- The team are struggling but the Plymouth fans still turn up in good numbers at Home Park.
5. MK Dons, 9,364- They boast one of the best stadiums in League One, Stadium.MK, which holds 30,500 meaning the stadium is only 1/3 full. Nevertheless, they still get the 5th highest crowd on average in the league.
4. Blackburn Rovers, 10,849- Rovers have still got the 4th highest despite relegation from the Championship last season.
3. Charlton Athletic, 11,311- Charlton have their problems with the owners but still get an average of 11,311 at The Valley which holds around 26,000.
2. Portsmouth, 17,447- The Pompey faithful are known for their loyal and vocal support and they have continued to back their side in League One this season at Fratton Park after promotion last season.
- Bradford City, 20,234- The Bantams have the highest average home attendance in League One so far. Their stadium holds just over 25,000, meaning it is nearly full most weeks.