The Championship is known for its high number of fans watching every single week. Here are the top 10 average home attendances so far in the 17/18 season, courtesy of transfermarkt–
10. Middlesbrough- 25,113- The Middlesbrough fans have still turned out in their numbers this season despite relegation from the Premier League last season.
9. Nottingham Forest- 25,395- Forest fans continue to back their side at the City Ground and turn up in good numbers.
8. Norwich City- 25,863- Norwich have the best percentage of filling their stadium in the whole of the Championship. They average 25,863 in their 27,244 seater stadium.
7. Sheffield United- 26,108- The Blades have made a great start to life back in the Championship and their fans have turned out in their numbers at Bramhall Lane so far.
6. Derby County- 26,157- Derby have a good average attendance at the IPro this season, which holds around 33,000.
5. Wolves- 26,477- It is an exciting time for Wolves fans who are hopeful of a promotion this season.
4. Sheffield Wednesday- 27,051- Sheffield Wednesday have had a poor start but are known for their good support.
3. Sunderland- 28,438- Despite the Stadium of Light holding approximately 48,000, Sunderland still have the 3rd highest attendance in the Championship even though there is around 20,000 empty seats on average.
2. Aston Villa- 29,710- Another big club, Aston Villa fans have carried on supporting their side and their average attendance could still rise as a result of the team playing much better now.
- Leeds United- 32,142- Leeds have the highest average home attendance in the league. They have made a good start to life under Thomas Christiansen which has excited their fans.