There is still an opportunity for sides in the Football League to sign players on a free transfer. Here are 10 players who currently don’t have a club and would be good signings for any League One club
1. Jay Spearing- He helped Bolton get promoted to the Championship from League One last season but was released at the end of the season. Now 28, he is experienced in the Football League and is surely worth signing for a League One club.
2. Karl Henry- Very experienced midfielder, formerly of Stoke, Wolves and QPR. He is 34 but could still do a job in League One.
3. Nigel Reo-Coker- The 33 year-old midfielder has played for Wimbledon, West Ham, Aston Villa, Bolton, Vancouver Whitecaps and Montreal. He is a free agent after leaving IK Start from Norway in the summer.
4. Danny Guthrie- Another former Premier League midfielder, Danny Guthrie is available after leaving Blackburn in the summer. The 30 year-old has had spells at Liverpool, Newcastle, Reading, Fulham and Blackburn.
5. Kyle Ebecilio- A Holland U21 international who is looking for a club after leaving FC Twente in the summer. He had a loan spell at Nottingham Forest in 2015.
6. Mark Davies- The 29 year-old midfielder left Bolton in the summer after 9 years with the Trotters. If kept fit, he is a real talent at this level.
7. Rickie Lambert- The former Southampton and Liverpool man has a prolific goal scoring record in the Football League. Still only 34, he would be a terrific signing for any League One club.
8. Kamil Zayatte- Former Sheffield Wednesday and Hull City centre-back. The 32 year-old Guinea international is a free agent after leaving Saudi Arabian side Al Raed in the summer.
9. Joel Ekstrand- The 28 year-old Swedish defender is a free agent after leaving Rotherham in the summer. He played for Watford for 4 years before joining Bristol City in 2016.
10. Hendry Thomas- A Honduras international who is currently looking for a club. He spent 3 years at Wigan Athletic from 2009-2012.