Swindon got their first home win of the season as they beat Stevenage 3-2 at the County Ground. A Luke Norris brace and a goal from Crystal Palace loanee Keshi Anderson was enough for Swindon to return to winning ways.

Luke Norris opened the scoring. Chris Hussey’s corner found the 24-year-old who bundled home to give Swindon the lead. Town made it 2-0 just four minutes later as Norris found Keshi Anderson who scored his first goal for the League Two outfit. Anderson hit the post early on in the second half, but Stevenage found a way back into the game, thanks to Danny Newton who scored from close range.

However, Swindon were given a penalty when Joe Martin was judged to have handled the ball in the box. Luke Norris cooly converted the penalty to restore Swindon’s two-goal cushion. But in the 88th minute, Darren Sarll’s side made it 3-2 thanks to a wonderful free-kick from Joe Martin. However, Town held on for the three points.

Swindon lined up with a 4-2-3-1. Town made two changes to the side which lost to Notts County with Kellan Gordon and James Dunne coming in for Kaiyne Woolery and Matty Taylor respectively.

While Stevenage lined up with the same 4-4-2 formation which saw them draw 1-1 to Crawley on Tuesday. The only change from that side was that Gorman came in for Beautyman.

The first chance of the game fell to the home side. Kellan Gordon’s cross was just too quick for Keshi Anderson who couldn’t meet it. But Town took the lead nine minutes in when Chris Hussey’s corner found Luke Norris at the back post. The 24-year-old slammed home from close range to bag his fifth goal of the season.

It got even better for David Flitcroft’s side as four minutes later it was 2-0. Luke Norris turned provider as he found Keshi Anderson who slammed home from close range. Swindon almost made it 3-0 when Luke Norris’ long-range effort just went wide of the post.

Stevenage weren’t creating alot, but Tom Pett almost pulled one back for Boro, however, his strike wasn’t good enough to beat Lawrence Vigouroux.

Swindon were forced to make their first change of the afternoon as Dion Conroy came off injured for Chris Robertson. Town went into the half-time break deservedly 2-0 up.

Just two minutes into the second-half Swindon almost made it 3-0. Anderson’s powerful shot beat Boro keeper Fryer, but the post came to Stevenage’s aid.

Despite Swindon’s dominance, Stevenage got back into the game. Matt Godden’s shot was deflected in by Danny Newton to give Darren Sarlls side a lifeline.

But just eleven minutes later Swindon were given a penalty. Joe Martin handled in the box, and referee John Brooks pointed to the spot. Luke Norris calmly dispatched the penalty to restore Town’s two-goal cushion.

Swindon wasted chances to make it 4-1. Firstly Mullin had his effort saved by Fryer then Anderson was kept at bay by the Boro keeper.

Stevenage were awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box in the 88th minute, and Joe Martin -who gave away the penalty- curled a beautiful free-kick into the top-right corner to set up a tense last few minutes for the home side. However, Swindon held on for their first three points at home this season.


About Author