Although the transfer window is now shut, clubs in the Football League can still sign free agents. Here are 10 players who are currently don’t have clubs and would be good signings for any Championship clubs-
1. Joe Ledley- The Wales international was released by Crystal Palace at the end of last season and has been looking for a club since. The 30 year-old turned down moves to China, Turkey and Spain in the summer as he wants to stay in England.
2. Sébastien Bassong- The former Tottenham defender left Norwich at the end of last season. The Cameroon international has been training with Birmingham but it is yet to be seen whether he will be offered a contract or not, meaning other clubs could swoop in.
3. Youssouf Mulumbu- The 30 year-old also left Norwich at the end of last season. The former West Brom midfielder has bags of experience in both the Premier League and Championship and may be worth looking at for some sides.
4. Jan Kirchhoff- The German midfielder has not found a club since leaving Sunderland in the summer. The 26 year-old has had injury problems but would be a very useful player in the Championship.
5. Rickie Lambert- The former Liverpool and Southampton has scored goals in the Championship. The 35 year-old could be an option for sides needing more of a presence up front.
6. Carlos De Pena- The 25 year-old left winger left Middlesbrough in the summer, where he only played 6 times in 2 years. He spent last season on loan at Real Oviedo. He could be a good option if a club is willing to give him another chance in England.
7. Chico- The Spanish defender, formerly of Swansea, is looking for a club. Still only 30, he could potentially be a useful acquisition for a Championship side needing another defender.
8. Ashkan Dejagah- The Iranian winger has recently left Wolfsburg. He had a spell at Fulham a few years ago and impressed for the Cottagers in the Premier League.
9. Anders Lindegaard- Experienced goalkeeper who left Preston in the summer. The former Manchester United shot stopper is a good option for sides needing a backup goalkeeper.
10. Toumani Diagouraga- The former Brentford, Leeds and Ipswich man has bags of experience in the Championship and could be a useful signing for sides in the Championship or League One.