A tense second leg for Bradford City kept them in the running for being promoted to the Championship next season after winning 1-0 on aggregate to Fleetwood Town.




A good first half for Bradford…

It remained goalless at Highbury Stadium, yet The Bantams were dominating Uwe Rosler’s men. Mark Marshall’s cross to Charlie Wyke came close to an opening goal in the second leg but just wasn’t enough to secure their lead. Minutes before half time, Marshall fired from the edge of the penalty box whilst ‘keeper, Alex Cairns came out of goal to turn over possession, but the ball fired over the crossbar.

City fans were positive about the first half…Fleetwood fans, not so much.

It’s pronounced “mere-id-ith”…

Bradford City fans were pleased with their team’s performance, but the commentator on Sky Sports seemed to have trouble pronouncing James Meredith’s surname throughout the game and fans were quick to notice…

70 minutes on the clock, still goalless.

With 20 minutes left of the second half to go, City fans became very tense over the result of the game. (I must admit, it felt very slow)

Josh Cullen made his attempt at opening up the scoreboard, but his low shot fell straight into the arms of Cairns.


Charlie Wyke seemed to not be match fit according to the fans…

4 minutes added time?

As the 90-minute mark appeared, four minutes was added on and City fans were definitely becoming impatient…

Millwall also join Bradford at Wembley:

The Lions had a successful second leg at Glanford Park. Two goals from Steve Morison and Lee Gregory gave the visitors the result they were looking for. They face The Bantams at Wembley on the 20th where the result decides whether Millwall or Bradford are promoted to the Championship alongside Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers. However, for Scunthorpe and Fleetwood, they remain in League One for another season.



About Author

Bristol Rovers fan. Aspiring journalist and football coach. Aiming to complete officiating course with Oxfordshire FA.