The League Two side issued a club statement following that their Head of Recruitment’s contract had been terminated.
@leytonorientfc Now for the others to go
— barry grestock (@barrygrestock) April 21, 2017
— Matt Simpson (@West_Stand_O) April 21, 2017
The staff at Leyton Orient also are “hugely concerned” after still awaiting their wages from March. They have stated that they have had zero correspondence with the club owner, Francesco Becchetti.
Am told that staff at Orient have yet to receive a response from Mr Becchetti after releasing their statement last night. Not a word. #lofc
— James Masters (@Masters_JamesD) April 20, 2017
— Matty Paddock (@MattyPaddock) April 20, 2017
— Andy (@OrientMeatPie) April 19, 2017
Fans took matters into their own hands and had set up a gofundme campaign to help pay for the club’s staff themselves. They have currently raised over £4k in a day and are aiming to achieve £15k.
Orient sit at the foot of the table in League Two where 112 years of participation in the Football League could soon come to an end with relegation shortly.
Another protest against the O’s owner is likely to happen at the last game of the season against Colchester. Fans invaded the pitch after their 2-1 victory against Hartlepool United pleading for Becchetti to leave their club. [The Sun]
The Leyton Orient Fans Trust have said: “We, the fans, will not let our football club die.”
— LOFT (@LOFansTrust) April 17, 2017
— Shelly O (@shelly64lofc) April 17, 2017
Becchetti should not be given the role as owner. He has done nothing but has disrespected the club, the players and his staff. If Orient find themselves out of League Two, I’d want to see them fighting back without their hierarchy. The fans’ support has been brilliant and it shows just how much support they give and that they want their club back the way the want. They’ve gone out their way to support the staff and are petitioning to pay for their wages which act of kindness is what brings their community together. I wish good luck to Leyton Orient.