Nottingham Forest’s Jorge Grant does not know what the future holds for him at the City Ground, according to the Nottingham Post.

The 22-year-old is currently on loan to city rivals , who are struggling at the bottom of , but is out of contract with the Reds at the end of the season and is unsure if he will remain with the club.

The player says that his parent club can extend his contract if they want to, but for now he remains focused with the task in hand at Notts County.

Asked about his long-term future, Grant told the Nottingham Post: “It depends on what they (Forest) say.

“They have a further option in their hands so I don’t know what’s going to happen with that.

“They haven’t said anything to me so I just want to play football.”

Grant is a product of the Forest academy, and has made 17 appearances for the Reds since being promoted to the senior squad in 2014.

Last month he completed a loan move to Notts County in search of regular first-team football.

He got his career at Meadow Lane off to a flying start on Tuesday night – coming off the bench to score in a thrilling 2-2 draw at home to promotion chasing .

Although his temporary switch across Nottingham is the first loan spell of his career, Grant says he has had offers from clubs in the past, but chose to stay at Forest.

“There were chances to go out on loan [in the past], but this was the right move at the right time,” he said.


About Author

I'm an 18-year-old Sixth Form student living in Cornwall. I am an Ipswich Town supporter, and get to as many games as I can fit around school and work. I'm hoping to study Sports Journalism at university next year with a bit of luck! Previously written on Football League World, TWTD, and for the Cornish Guardian newspaper. Twitter - @archiegriggs1