Charlton Athletic have confirmed that they have received permission to speak to Northampton Town boss Chris Wilder.
In a statement on their official club website, Charlton said that they have been granted permission after making an official approach this morning.
In a statement on Northampton’s website, Chairman Kelvin Thomas said “as is common knowledge I have an excellent relationship with both Chris and Alan, and we as a club and myself personally would obviously be very sorry to see them go.
“We had already begun discussions about much improved new deals, but I think it is fair to say we would not be able to match both the salary and the playing budget for next season that a club the size of Charlton could offer.
“We have known for a while that Chris and Alan would be targets due to the fantastic success they have achieved, and together we have already turned down some interest from other clubs, but after discussions this morning I respect their decision to meet Charlton.”
Wilder also added that “my relationship with the Chairman and the fans is going to make this a very difficult decision, but I do feel at this stage of my career it is one I need to explore.”
Former Charlton boss Jose Riga resigned from the club after Saturday’s final day defeat at home to champions Burnley.
Wilder’s spell at Northampton has been nothing short of fantastic, having taken them from the bottom end of League Two to champions of the division and a League One side next season. Northampton will meet Charlton in the league during the 2016/17 campaign.
Duchatelet has worked his way through managers since taking over at Charlton, having made five appointments in two-and-a-half years at the club.