We’ve previewed every game of League 1 this weekend, with stats on every game! Click through until you find your team!
Barnsley vs Preston – 6th vs 2nd
Two of the most in form sides in the division go head to head at Oakwell as both look for promotion to the Championship. Barnsley dropped points for the first time in seven matches after a 0-0 at Leyton Orient on Tuesday. Before Tuesday’s goalless draw, the Tykes had picked up 6 straight wins and moved themselves into the play offs. The home side are only 1 point behind 5th placed Sheffield United but also only 1 point ahead of Peterborough. The next three games could define the end of the season as they face three of the top 5 in those games.
- 19 point from possible 21 – 6 wins and a draw
- Conceded 1 goal in 7 matches
- Record against top 5 – P7 – W1 D1 L5. 4 points from possible 21, only win came away at Sheffield United (1-0)
- 32 of their 54 points have come at Oakwell
- Only Bristol City (35) have picked up more points since turn of year than Barnsley (28)
Preston arrive after picking up 16 points from last 18, the same as the Tykes and have a 2 point lead over 3rd place Swindon with a game in hand. Preston will find it tough to catch Bristol City who are 11 points ahead but with MK Dons and Swindon beginning to find their form, the Lily whites need to continue run of form till end of the season.
- Unbeaten in last 9 league games (8 wins and 1 draw) stretching back to January
- 25 points from last 30 available – winning last three on the road including 2-0 victory at MK Dons
- Best defense in the division, only conceding 31 goals in 36 matches – with just 3 in last 9 matches
- Kept 18 clean sheets – including 7 in their last 9
- Joe Garner scored 5 in last 3 games including 4 in 5-1 win over Crewe last Saturday
- Picked up 31 out of possible 33 points in games where they have scored first
- Record against top 6 – P7, W3, D2, L2 picked up 11 points out of 21
Prediction – Barnsley 0-1 Preston