Wolves Head Coach Kenny Jackett looks to have narrowed his potential new striker down to two targets, according to Tim Nash of The Express and Star.
After ruling out a £3m move for Callum Wilson, the current players to catch Jackett’s eye are Leicester City striker Chris Wood and Chelsea front man Patrick Bamford.
Whilst a move would be permanent at some stage, Jackett stated that any signing would ideally be on-loan.
Jackett told TheE&S: “We’d prefer our own players and a loan player we have a chance of signing at the end,”
“If it is a loan – and loans have been successful for us at times – we’d hope it’s one that turns out to be a permanent deal, if it goes well for both sides.”
The potential moves will come as exciting news to fans of a Wolves team that boasts Nouha Dicko, Liam McAlinden, Leon Clarke amongst others up-front. So, providing both players are interested, who would Wolves fans rather have?
– 22 years old
– Made 21 appearances for West Brom between 09-13
– Signed for Leicester in January 2013
– Scored 8 goals in 29 appearances in all competitions last campaign
– Season highlights included a hat-trick against Carlisle in the Capital One Cup and that goal against Burnley
– 20 years old
– A product of the Nottingham Forest academy
– Joined Chelsea for £1.5m in January 2012
– Played for MK Dons and Derby last season
– Scored 25 goals in 53 appearances in all competitions last campaign
– Season highlights included winning December’s Football League’s Young Player of the Month and a brilliant goal against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough
Wood goal vs Burnley
Bamford goal vs Hillsborough